Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Opening the doors of stupidity

People just never cease to amaze me. Last Monday, my wife and I got up earlier than usual to go to one of New York’s Department of Finance offices to fight our very first parking violation. The doors didn’t open until 8:30 am, so we had to wait about 45 minutes to enter the building. We were third in line. As 8:30 approached there was maybe a line of 30 people in total waiting outside to get in. What just amazes me so much is that no matter how many people were standing in an orderly fashion, in a line, right in front of the building’s entrance, there would be one idiot after another walking right up to the front and trying both sets of double doors to see if they were open. Like 30 of us were just standing out there in the cold twiddling our thumbs for no reason!? Could they not, by deductive reasoning, surmise that the building must not be open yet? Yet one after another would do the exact same thing—check the goddamn doors. I’m at a loss. And this time it wasn’t even me bitching about them; it was my wife calling them retarded!

(By the way, in case you were wondering, we won our ticket fight!)

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog, but really loved the one about your parents sleeping in the movies.

    ReplyDelete