Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fuck Christopher Columbus. He should have gone the other way.

I’m pretty sure everyone agrees with me on this one, and I’m sure this one has been written and reiterated many times, but I can’t stand call centers in India. Look, I know they are speaking English, but I still cannot friggin’ understand a goddamn word they say! If it ain’t the heavy accent it’s the background noise; if it ain’t the accent it’s the lack of volume on the line. If it ain't the accent it's the time delay in conversation. A five minute call to India takes 15 minutes because I have to keep saying ‘What?’ after every single sentence.

Look, I know the Indians get paid like 1/4 what Americans do, and so in the name of saving a buck the big corporations moved operations overseas. But what about the efficiency? There’s no way those guys could field as many calls in a day as an American call center can, because I guarantee most Americans--like me, ACTUAL English-speaking Americans—can’t understand a goddamn thing those fuckers over there say!

For argument's sake: I was on the phone with XM radio the other day and I swear I had Cohutta from the Real World on the line and even he was easier to understand with his slow, heavy Southern drawl than Maheshwar Srivastava over in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment