Friday, December 4, 2009

As seen on TV

What is the deal with commercials on TV for restaurants that are NOWHERE NEAR the vicinity of the market in which they are shown? Red Robin, CiCi’s, Sonic, Golden Corral, Joe’s Crab Shack, Jack in the Box to name but a few, are ALWAYS shown on TV in New York, yet those places are just not even remotely close to where I live. It’s annoying. Now, one of my savvy political friends tells me the answer is because it doesn’t cost any more to buy a national spot on TV than it does a regional one, which may be true. But I’m sorry, just cuz I see a commercial for Sonic’s MegaSuperQuadrupleBaconHeartAttackMaker burger doesn’t mean the next time I’m driving to North Carolina am I going to go out of my way for one. Thank G-D for DVR, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment