Friday, November 20, 2009

Bright Lights, Big City ... and other places

Living in New York City I understand that I forfeited the right to sleep in actual darkness. However, modern technology is NOT really helping me in this department. Ever look around your room and notice that every single thing you have plugged in has an indicator light? It’s mind boggling. Are all those lights really necessary? If I still lived in a studio apartment I’d never get to sleep.

Right now, just looking around my living room, here is where I see indicator lights: each of my two computers, the monitor, my cable modem, my wireless Internet/VOIP phone router, my KVM switch, computer speakers, wireless mouse, mouse USB signal, printer, my telephone, my water cooler, my wine fridge, my television, my cable box, my DVD player and my Wii. And that’s literally just the lights I can see from the desk I am writing at right now. It’s like I live at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment